View Single Post
Old 08-12-10, 02:26 PM   #902
Dirtyoldman
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0
Default Multiplayer

I am currently unable to host a multiplayer game...when I start one my latency is reflected at 999 and my dad cannot join my game. Same when he starts one. Have contacted Ubi.coft and opened the ports stated by them that needed to be opened. Contacted Linksys who walked me through opening the ports and thenn said contact the game manufacturer because its not a problem on their end. Contacted Ubi again who said upgrade firmware on router and then told me if that didn't fix it contact linksys its not a problem with their game because if we are not hooked through the router we can host. We are using same modems routers and service provider.

Ok thats all fine and dandy but now I'm stuck with this game that I can't play multiplayer with my dad on and 2 piss poor companies that want to blame each other and not fix the problem. Can anyone help?

The work around so far is just have my dad connect directly to his modem at odd hours (rest of the family not online) then he is able to host and I can join. This is not very practical and I need to find a solution...anyone even having this problem? I have seen other hosts with 999 latency.

Last edited by Dirtyoldman; 08-12-10 at 06:13 PM.
Dirtyoldman is offline   Reply With Quote