View Single Post
Old 09-16-18, 10:23 AM   #6
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tAKticool47 View Post
And I have built Carrier Strike Groups with a Nimitz-class surrounded by ALL THREE versions of the Arleigh Burke-class (FLT I, FLT II, FLT IIA), PLUS a Ticonderoga VLS, *PLUS* a UK Type 45 Air Defense Destroyer, **PLUS** A FREMM.

Every. Single. Russian. Ship. Beats. Them.
Its true - i saw this earlier and report it to Crazy Ivan. It will be fixed in next 1.46 version. (fix is ready but some other works are in progress)
Almost all major US ships works bad because... they shot down own SAM missiles by own CIWS. Second reason is: during 120 missiles attach they launch only 2 missiles from 6 nmi!!!
Even simple russian corvette can launch more.
Kirov is unbeatable - in test scenario 120 missiles engage Kirov and no one hit - all were destroyed.

Wait for next version - should be realase soon.

I disagree about AI shkval longer range - i did some tests and they works fine.

Quote:
And so that brings another great point -- if the Russians are getting all the latest weaponry and technology in the game, why is the US , you know ,the dominant power in the entire world, not also getting comparable stuff? Where's the SM-3s and SM-6s? SM-2 Block IV and SeaRAM etc. Aegis Baseline 9 and all that stuff. RAM & ESSM are in the game, but not very effective. Whereas, in real life, they're some of the best anti-air missiles on the planet, for short and medium range, respectively. According to Wikipedia, there is one Yasen-class submarine currently, and 10 prototypes of the SU-57. Yet there are a fleet of Yasens available in the game and the SU-57 is the dominating air platform. Yet the F-22, in active service for a decade+ , sucks, and the F-35, currently deployed in all three variants in all 3 services, not even in the game.
You have right. Many newest russian ships, almost all older are in modernised versions but all US ships are from vanilla DW time.
For me as MP player and mission designer those newest russian ships are useles - because they have oponents only from 90' systems. I havent choice - i have to ignore all newest russian ships in my scenarios.

The same is about land SAM systems - many russian close, mid and long range - with ultramodern versions but no US/westwern SAMs in game. Only Patriot (old version) and Hawk impr, Roland, Rapier and Avenger (on Hummve) - lack mid range SAM!

Airplanes always works bad - now in RA aircrafts works much better than in vanilla (where all of them earlier or later crushes in water)