View Single Post
Old 01-03-18, 11:22 AM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Mozilla was in a difficult seat, they had to do somethign since they were3 constantly looisng market shares. They should have more aggressively advertised the features that are their tgradiitonal stregnths: protection, poirvacy, safety, but instead they opted for starting the race the others were already leading in: more speed, at the cost of using Google's engine and thus forbidding a good amount of their former privacy features. Apparently this policy led to a split in their developer teams as well, with a good amount of their guys leaving the company, most likely in anger.

I find this arguing over vbrowswer seepds hilarious. I mean the speed of old Firefox and new Firefox - I read there is a difference. Its just that it is not apparent to my eyes. Which lets all their claimed modernization collapse, imo. Whatever it is they think they improved in: to me it is non-apparent, and meaningless. I do not care whether a site loads 2 tenths of a second faster or slower - it does not matter. I click, and two seconds later the site is up - more I cannot want. 1.5 seconds? 1 second? Less...? Pffft - get a life, Mozilla.