View Single Post
Old 05-18-08, 01:50 PM   #161
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski
Well, I`ve put to sea with ver.3, very nice PT, the sounds I`ve heard so far I find very well done. I like the opening, and closing hatch, with engine room sounds, nice touch. Have`nt got into combat yet, as I`ve just left port, but I`m sure it won`t be long beforeTommie finds me, and I`ll experience your destroyer sounds, plus the creaks, and cranks. Thank you again for this excellent mod. Puts
Yes, I love that part with the hatch to the engine room opening, someone complaining "shut that sh!t, I'm sleeping" and then it closing up again...

Sure some people will complain "I was 250 meters below being depth charged and I heard that with the DIESEL engine and I think it's ridiculous and blablabla..."

But you gotta think this way... It's not possible to have a different ambient sound for when submerged or surfaced, or when in silent running... It would be perfect if this were possible, but it's not... so we gotta work out with what we have... I think we are most of the time sailing from one place to another, and a very little time being depth charged or in a situation of silence... So I'm sticking with my sound pack and with my ambient stereo chatting sound. I reckon some people disagree with me, that's why there's another ambient sound included in the sound pack, for those who don't want chattering in the back.

I don't think I've mentined this before, but the sounds are in the same folder, to activate them you have to rename them. The game will only load "ambient_submarineInterior.wav", so the other files have a number in the end "... interior1.wav" or "...interior2.wav"... you just have to rename the one you want, removing that number in the end. I'll update this in the first post as well...