View Single Post
Old 09-12-09, 10:43 PM   #56
Steeltrap
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Australian TV would be extremely useful if you needed a lobotomy....watch it for a week and you'd lose half your brain.

Those who DO watch it week-in-week-out are pretty brainless to start with, so it has no effect on them....sadly, that seems to be the bulk of society.

I think if Marx were alive today he'd conclude that TV has taken over from religion as the opiate of the people (except the USA, where, I'm staggered to read, only 39% of people believe in evolution ~ perhaps because for 61% they missed out on it ~ and the makers of a film on Charles Darwin can't get a single film distributor to handle it....pardon the irony, but, if these examples are representative, God help us all if the USA is the shining light of humanity.....).

Excuse the rant, I'm feeling a little feisty (nothing new). Reading about the fact that that film can't get distributed in USA really p!ssed me off. I recommend people read How Mumbo Jumbo Conquered the World

I'm 42, and I seem to be one of the earliest members of SubSim still active on a regular basis.

I love this place.

Last edited by Steeltrap; 09-12-09 at 10:59 PM.
Steeltrap is offline   Reply With Quote