View Single Post
Old 06-10-09, 02:53 AM   #22
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
Wait...so what planes are flyable or will be flyable?
The Fokker D.VII, DFW, SPAD, Nieuport 28, Breguet 14, and the Nieuport 17 and Albatros D.V will be in a patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREWALL
While I like the graphics and the damage thingy is great I'm going to wait on this one and see how everything turns out.

It has 4 planes and a handfull of SM.
I'm not thrilled about the low number of planes or single missions either, but where the game really makes up for this is in its campaign mode and multiplayer mode (ESPECIALLY the multiplayer mode; you can have up to 32 people flying together online at once and expansions for that number are planned; you get massive dogfights all the time, lol).

Quote:
That's fine for $19.99 But not $40.00 - $45.00
I disagree here, but that's because they're a tiny Russian developer that can't work on their own time (unlike mod teams...) and have been trying to expand their business more and more. And I think they've earned it.

Just remember that they built this game up over 5 years from scratch, and with all the features that make it up (like the physics system and air particle system), that's quite an impressive feat.

It's the most realistic flight sim you're going to get to date, quite simply.

Quote:
Will future planes and missions be payware ?
Yes and no. Missions will not cost money, planes will. It will work like this: a new plane is released, the new plane costs like $3 or $4 upon release, after 30 days it's made free for download for the world. You'll get skins and the like with the plane as well.

As of right now, there are premade skins available for use. They are still testing out a custom paint scheme creator program for the game that will probably be done by July. It was going to be included in the release, but they had some debugging troubles with it that needed fixing.
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote