Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikinger
Hiya.

I read some where that the januari patch will maybe be a self installer. (exe file)

Is it possible to release the bundle also as an option so its simple jsgme compatible?

Reason is that i prefer the patch in that state, is that i have made some minor changes to a lot of files and i want to check first what files is gona be overwriten.

Then i have better control what it changes and i can adjust my own configuration better.
I understand your worry... However, our first concern must remain ease of installation by users with... errm... varying levels of user skills shall we say?

Installers are GOLD for "confusion control."
Yeah i understand that

Its ok coz i just have to save thos files i have changed , then after the installation i can allways compare. I have to do that anyway no matter whit kind of installation it will be.

Thx for you answer Kpt.Lehman.
I would recommend one of two solutions:

1. If you use SH3Cmdr, add your changes to Static settings.cfg or the other SH3Cmdr Cfg files - then they get added only when you play and removed straight after.
2. Apply your changes via JSGME so you don't need to do the "file shuffle" every time a GWX patch or hotfix is released.

Personally, I do the former and have never had any probs.

FOR EVERYONE ELSE - THERE WILL NOT BE A JSGME VERSION OF THE JANUARY PATCH. It will be installer only (and pls, stop using the term "auto-installer" - remember the crap last time? ). The installer makes adjustments that are just not possible if installing via JSGME. And as the Kpt said - ease of use for the majority of players is the preference.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote