Old 08-06-17, 09:27 AM   #8383
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 370
Uploads: 0

Default Slow loading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvoch View Post
A quick question: the game is becoming slower and slower in loading and saving the journals, at first it took 4-5 minutes, now more than an hour. Since I'm a bit of an OCD, I like to have my journal complete and in order... but the time is becoming to unbearing, and I'm afraid it will become longer and longer. I save manually quite frequently and different saves, as per advice in the first topic, and each time I save my journal and different ejs. I believe this is the problem, so I deleted (and did a backup of) all the old journal pages, but I can't delete the saves, since uplay always synchronise them, even when I deactivate the option in the settings or start playing offline. I don't know if this is the origin of my problem, if so, any ideas on how to remove the saves, and should I save on the same slot despite the aforementioned advice? If not, any ideas on what to do about it?
I had the same problem, In my case it was related to the number of saves and I was able to resolve this by deleting older saves as you indicate. At the time SH was not dependant on Sync'ing and the game launched without UPLAY I'm not sure why it reverted back I assume it hindered campaign progress. I had around 4GB of RAM now I have 16 and it makes a lot of difference with loading times as it does with a lot of games. I'm guessing your Memory is being read off your hard drive due to low RAM memory

I've been away from SH5 for a year or so so I'm not fully up to speed with any other possible issues that affect your game as you describe

I have been and Subsimming for 18 Years and following SH even longer but still consider myself as a Semi-noob learner. I hope you get fixed quick I can totally get what you're experiencing