View Single Post
Old 07-27-17, 07:23 AM   #26
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

So another new update is in the works. After sitting down and thinking about it, I decided to create the "41 for Freedom" SSBNs, so that means we're looking at the George Washington (sadly using the Skipjack model but in both SSBN and SSN variations) Ethan Allen (already created the SSN and SSGN variations) Lafayette (68 and 84 also includes the James Madison class) and Ben Franklin (68 and 84).

None of these have ballistic missiles because I'm not even sure if that can be done and even if it could be the game-play value would be nearly non-existent. Also I don't plan on putting any of the SSBNs in the campaign files because, frankly they don't make sense in that role (strategic asses are not going to be used to fight the war, unless they get the launch order to flatten Russia) but they could make for some fun single missions / evasion.

Also I'm toying with yet another hypothetical design, the FAS (Future Attack Submarine) SSN. Due to cost-overruns during the 1970s there was a concerted effort to develop a more affordable alternative to the Los Angeles class.

Also adding new weapons
UUM-44B SUBROC- Non nuclear Mk44 carrying stand off weapon. The Mk 44 is about as good as the Mk 37 aim your shots carefully and don't count on them to work miracles.

UUM-84 Tarpon- Hypothetical ASW weapon which was based off the AGM/UGM/RGM-84 and carrying a Mk 46 torpedo

Mk 44 torpedo
Mk 46 Mod 5 torpedo.