Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Subsim Narwhal Contest - Mod is now available, see post #662

UPDATE March 2010

Woot! It works and it's fantastic!

SH4 Narwhal mod donation download

Thanks to everyone for their hard work and generous spirit to allow Subsim to host this as a donation download

Thanks to Keltos01, enjoy your $200 prize, you earned it. Subsim goodies are on the way

Thanks to Sledgehammer, please PM me with your Paypal email and I will award the second place prize to you.

Special thanks to Ducimus and Peabody, for their expertise and community spirit.

Extra special thanks to Hitman, who just couldn't stand to see the Grand Old Lady absent from the game.

If you have donated recently to Subsim for Bonus Mods, for Pacific Aces, a Radio Room donation, whatever: send me an email with your Paypal donation DATE and your Paypal EMAIL, I will set you up ASAP. Put this in the subject: Here is my Paypal info for the Narwhal 2010 bonus mod (copy and paste works great for this, ensures quick response).

To all the members who donate, thank you, I appreciate the support.
Best
Neal
SUBSIM

Original Contest info May 2009
One thing missing from Silent Hunter 4 is a playable USS Narwhal. So, what's the natural thing to do? Hold a competition. Subsim will award a $200 prize plus a Subsim shirt, battle mug, and hat to the modder or mod team who wins. If the model is submitted by a team, they can decide how to split the prizes. Runner up will receive $50.

The Narwhal model must be an SH4 playable, 3D Max, around 100k polygons, 4 textures of 1024 by 1024, a comparable number of faces and turms as other SH4 models. The Narwhal model will be used as a donation download at Subsim.

Deadline to enter is May 31. Model must be submitted by July 4. Judges will test and play each model and announce the winner by Aug 1.

Cheers
Neal

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 03-20-10 at 02:46 PM.
Onkel Neal is online   Reply With Quote