View Single Post
Old 01-22-13, 09:01 PM   #96
Silver Eagle
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default JSGME Installation for Dummy's! (Help:( )

Forgive me, but I am not a PC guru. I don't understand the lingo to install this mods program and let alone run it. The instructions are beyond my level of PC expertise.

==1. CENTRAL INSTALLATION==
You can install the JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler (JSGME) to a central location and point it to each of your games through creating shortcuts. To do this:
  1. install JSGME to a central location (for example, “C:\Games\Generic Mod Enabler”). Keep the “Create a desktop icon” option selected in the installer
  2. once installed, DO NOT RUN! Copy and paste the newly created JSGME desktop shortcut as many times as you have games and change the “Start in” folder of each shortcut to point to each game’s base folder. To change the “Start in” folder, right-click the shortcut, select “Properties” and then the “Shortcut” tab.
  3. rename each shortcut to something meaningful, such as “JSGME - GameName1”, “JSGME - GameName2”, “JSGME - GameName3” and so on. To rename a shortcut, simply right-click the shortcut and select “Rename”
Using JSGME with subsequently installed games is simply a matter of copying, pasting and editing an existing shortcut (steps 2 and 3 above). And whenever JSGME is updated, you only need to install it once.

==2. SEPARATE INSTALLATION==
If you prefer, you can install separate copies of JSGME into each of your games. To do this, simply install JSGME to the base folder of the game that you would like to mod. The base folder usually contains the game’s main executable file and usually has a name unique to the game. If in doubt, consult the game’s online community. If you keep the “Create a desktop icon” option selected, the installer will add a uniquely named shortcut to your desktop.

************* NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE TO ME!!!!
I intend to utilize this for my SH5, and I have the current version!

Dankeschon alle!
Silver Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote