Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav87th
How sad to hear that RFB is not going to be supported from now...
Come again? RFB and RSRD will continue to be supported, just only 1.5 from now on. Both teams have made that decision.
Hooooweeee, were that come from? RFB has plenty of support and is moving forward like a legion of warriors. RSRD is running neck in neck with support as well! Stay tuned.
No soul left behind.

The "add on, sold separately" expansion pack takes the game beyond it's original context and that is it's selling point. However, the U.S. side of the Pacific Theater is the game that we asked for and that UBI provided. It would be a great gesture for the RSRD campaign Version that was built for SH4 "Pacific Theater" was again made available to the community. The 1.4 version of the game seems to be the final release unless a separate add-on is purchased.

Like paying for continued support, I suppose.

The "add on" is a great idea for generating additional revenue, but the 1.4 patch is the final resting place for the people who bought the game for the chance to play the U.S. side in the Pacific Theater. It is the game that we asked for and UBI obliged to the "best of their ability" I am sure. But the real value in the series is the ability to improve upon the stock game.

The skill, patience and generosity of the people who devote their time to make the game a better experience for us all. This is what makes the series so special and so popular around the world.

PLEASE, do not leave us behind. The 1.4 patch is as far as UBI appears willing to go without additional purchase of the add-on. The RSRD Campaign, an immense improvement over the stock campaign will hopefully be made available for those who will be remaining with the 1.4 "final" patch to the original price of the game.

I can understand not providing ongoing support for the RSRD 1.4 Campaign, but to remove it completely and not have it available in an "archive" version... well, that is just a sad commentary. The hours of effort that went into creating the work will be lost to all of those who would have had the opportunity to enjoy the creation.

The RSRD version for 1.5 "U-Boat Add-On" is really a different creature, as evidenced by the fact that it is not compatible with the game sans the "sold separately" add-on.

The old version of RSRD is all that we have for the game in it's original context.

I'll stop rambling now, and if the older version is made available then I offer my thanks a hundred fold. If not, then we will do what we always do with UBI... the best we can as we are able. The work of the modders is what makes the game so great. Without your work, the game would be not much more than ordinary at best.

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!

Last edited by JoeCorrado; 04-01-08 at 04:29 PM.
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote