View Single Post
Old 12-16-10, 11:02 AM   #33
FERdeBOER
XO

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 1

If I'd pay 200$ for a game it has to be the "Mother of All Games", and even then, I'm not sure if I could afford it... sure not at this moment . Maybe a "modular" game could be the solution: some kind of a base game (a very good one) that itself is great, but with pay add-ons, like campaigns, new playables, etc becomes superb.
Of course all this without "stealing" capabilities to the base game; it has to be good enough by itself (and with this I mean better than DW): you have to be able to play single and multiplayer without restrictions and the base platforms must be good ones, no sitting ducks; the new campaigns and missions have to be good ones (at least better than the ones an average player can create by him/herself).

I'm not sure if I'm being clear, a short example: Base game: Akula, 688i, Kilo, Orion, Seahawk, Perry, Udaloy. Full database, 10 singleplayer missions and a dynamic campaign. Mission editor. Some kind of DW as it should be (IMHO).
Then in the app store you can buy new platforms (from a wide offer of many countries), more single missions, new campaigns (maybe for new platforms, like: buy Virginia class SSN: 5$ or buy the "brand new Virginia SSN Campaign" for 10$ or 12$ with the controllable Virginia included).
So you can have base game: 50$, 5 new controllables: 25$, a singleplayer-10-mission-pack: 8$, two new campaigns: 20$ and the modding tool: 20$ = 123$

As talked before, being able to mod the game is needed, but for granting people to buy the new controllables and no making them themselves maybe the user-created ones cannot be used in multiplayer or so.

And, of course, the add-ons have not to be expensive at all. I would gladly pay 5$ for a new platform, but not 20$. Maybe seems too low 5$ but If it costs few I will spend more than if it's expensive; I would surely pay 30$ in 2 controllables and a campaign and sure I would not pay 20$ for only one of those.

OK, I bored you enough