LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
How many did you shoot, and if more than one, where did the others land?
I fired two SS-N-27 ASWs separately. First of them landed even farther than second one which behavior I described above. Both MPT-1UEs were searching target when Foxtrot's skipper committed suicide.

Another strange but interesting event:

- at 1 nm distance to target: UGST detected Foxtrot and began homing at her. Foxtrot immediately released active decoy and began to escape at 15 knots but UGST was still approaching sub.

- at 0.5 nm distance to target: Suddenly UGST selected active decoy, dropped Foxtrot homing and began to move at decoy. Shortly afterwards UGST "hit" decoy and Foxtrot escaped to safety.

Really funny! :rotfl:
Well, yeah, this happens in DW. If you want to think it's a mod issue then fine, but there isn't anything I can do, and it happens to all torpedoes in all versions of the game.

Regarding the USNI, no, I'm only one person and I don't have my whole life to dedicate to DW, although that definately should be done when the mod information is finalized for various platforms.

The decoy-torpedo interplay never has been correct, the best I can do is set things so modern torpedoes don't home on decoys as often as older or less advanced weapons, hell, I can even break wires and make decoy detection more likely when off the wire and the sub-board processors can't communicate with the weapon... but when there are times when the weapon does detect the decoy, the same kinds of behaviors will occur.

If you want this kind of thing not to happen, you'll have to lobby SCS. If I could change it, I would, but there has never been any kind of call for it, so I haven't. In general, most people are happy that decoys work, since you can resteer your own weapons while the AI can't, making decoys much more effective for you.

In fact, against most human players I play in MP, decoys are basically useless because of their ability to resteer torpedoes.

In any case, nothing in the mod is going to change as a result of this discussion, although, as always, I appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
David