Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe
Sounds to me that the updates to the AI evasion doctrines are working well. They're actually using the decoys effectively, almost as well as a human player would.

Of course, defeating the decoy is as simple as having a good initial solution and determining his evasion course post-launch. If you know this, you know where he is, where he's going, and where his decoys are. But if you just expect your torps sensor to handle the task for you, then you will likely be dissapointed.
No, you are wrong, buddy!
Your hypothesis could be enough explanation for me but only during playing the game at realistic sensor settings. Unfortunately post-mission briefing in "Show True" mode showed me exactly what had really happened. At least in four cases my torpedoes were at direct collision course with enemy sub within less than one nautical mile range but they missed target being ugly cheated by active decoy set by Foxtrot in the last moment before expected impact.

So it must be some error in decoy-sensor unbalanced settings and nothing else...
That's not an error, and it's not a cheat. That's the Foxtrot firing the decoy at the right time to save his ass. In that case, yes, there's not much to do but re-attack, but the Foxtrot earned it. It will be rare for either a player or an AI to get the timing right enough to pull that off though, especially when you consider that the LW/Ami torp is going to start searching again immediately on the other side, as opposed to a stock torp which will either explode on the decoy, go "dumb" after burning through, or will take over 1000yds to start searching again.