View Single Post
Old 03-02-13, 02:42 AM   #1103
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfamemnon View Post
I am very much looking forward to this mod. Hope it gets completed soon. Japanese subs were not worthless in Pasific during WW2.

Also do I hope that while actual orders are always to sink Allied warships, you will get renown for sinking Allied merchant marine too. Otherwise, I think we would be returning to base with shamefully lot of the ammunition and torpedoes that we had when we left the base.

Another good addition could be to be able to purchase XXI class uboat with huge payment of renown. I understand there could be a problem with realism on this one but it could be a wonderful reward for a good, hard working captain. The text should say that they managed to seize that vessel when Germany surrendered and it will be given to the greatest Japanese captain (Japanese did this to some of the monsoon uboats). Or maybe that the Germans gave this one or its drawings/blueprints to Japan (in this case, the uboat should be available about 1944 or 1943). All other subs should be Japanese.
If Real life allows the time for me to finish this I will, but I can not promise.

I think you may have misread something if you think orders will always be to sink warships, they will not be. You will get renown for ANYTHING you sink, except your own ships of course. And that includes the submerged subs.

When I started writing the campaign I used the belief that a lot of Japanese military had, that the way to beat us was to destroy our ability to fight by destroying our warships. Which actually is very strange since their own Navy felt the aircraft carriers would win the war not the Battleship, which they showed in the Attack on Pearl Harbor, again in the Coral sea and again at Midway. But they didn't feel the way to win was to destroy our supply lines (merchant ships).

But if I do get it done there will be missions of all types. Sometimes non-specific. Patrol a location and sink what you find.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote