View Single Post
Old 03-15-11, 07:31 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Playable Challenger-2 is coming!

News from SBP.

A compromise - censorship requirements made them deciding against modelling a dedicated 3D interior, but the fire control system they claim to be precise - and typical British.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSim, Ssnake
As I'm going to send out press releases next week anyway: We now have a playable Challenger-2 in SB Pro, and will present it to the general public in May.

It's an ... interesting, and decidedly British fire control system, I have to say, with differently behaving reticles for day and thermal sight. Someone deserves a thorough spanking for this.
We shall see at the ITEC if our solution matches the quality of the VBS model.
Quote:
Quote:
@Ssnake: Good to hear the Challenger will be playable Does this mean gunsights only for now?
Yes. They won't let us take us photos without censorship, and that censorship is so gratuitous that it renders the whole exercise useless. We have tried. Heck, the whole thing has been done entirely on our own initiative. We did it simply because we could, and because there was an open time slot for its development. I expect at least one more of these opportunities this year.

Quote:
Adding interrior when possible contract is in?
I'd be highly surprised to ever see that. Sure, if given the chance, it'll be done, but the reality is that the British Army seems to be predisposed towards other solutions.

Whitehall decision makers seem to be fitted for, but not with common sense.
Now what the poor beast needs is a better gun. In SBP, the Chally-2 so far is modelled with the first - and surprisingly inferior - gun it was equipped with. That tank has an unbelievable thick skin, but short fangs.

Maybe it gets updated with the coming release, too.