View Single Post
Old 04-13-15, 03:02 PM   #48
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Thanks all for reporting back!

I have checked the script again and found some minor bugs, but nothing serious that IMO explains CTDs. I have also tested the mod again and it works on my machine without CTDs. However, there is no chance that I can test all situations by myself.

In order to make debugging easier, the new version will also save the 'old_entries' files for each save-game. With this feature one can also always go back and use old save-games that loaded without CTD (requires just some copying).

The HKG are randomly positioned between 80 to 120 and 110 to 150 km away from the grid center. Although it might happen, it's not very likely that the group will be spawned close to you.

Concerning CTDs in general:
While extensively testing mods I have experienced CTDs and graphical bugs although the mods were fine. These happened just by loading SH3 again and again with different mod setups. Thus, to be completely on the safe side, one should reboot the computer from time to time between different SH sessions and confirm that the save-game still does not load.

Regards, LGN1

PS: How important are the ships in the HKG for players? I could also replace the groups by airbases that are moved to the area. I guess that might be slightly less touchy, but then there were only 'virtual' HKG Any opinions?
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote