View Single Post
Old 07-17-10, 09:48 PM   #49
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorshkov View Post
Do you consider older Russian ASW heavyweight torpedoes like SET-53M and SET-65 as being still dangerous to Western subs - both nuclear and conventional? How will you portray them in LWAMI 3.11? It seems they are still wiedely used amongst Third World navies and probably in Russian Navy, too.

Besides I don't know if your mod is focused on present strategic situation or it looks a little bit in the past but it would be interesting to estimate what types of naval weapons are currently in use among several crucial World navies. Let's take a look at Russian Navy torpedoes AD 2010. My guessing:

- heavy-weight: UGST (?), USET-80, TEST-71, SET-65
- low-weight: AT-2, AT-3/UMGT-1, SET-40/72/73, MTP-1UM, APR-2
A few 3rd world units in LWAMI and some cold war era boats have the SET-65 or SET-53M (Might have removed that one). You have to really mess up to get sunk by one of those in LWAMI driving a playable sub.

All contemporary Russian subs are fitted with weapons like the UGST and USET-80. While older weapons maybe in the inventory all subs in LWAMI are fitted with the best weapons available for the time period of the game (1980 to ~2010). In other words most subs have the torpedoes they used in the last years of their commission.

I think we have just about all those torpedoes you listed already in V3.10 give or take one or two.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote