View Single Post
Old 03-15-10, 02:19 AM   #53
Spotter
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycoroner05 View Post
runs great and SH 3, 4 and 5 play great!

Went from XP to both vista and then 7. All installed fine and all games run great
That doesn't exactly answer the question of getting the game to run in WIN7

I have a new AMD quad with 6gb RAM and the latest ATI video card of 1gb and DX10... installed my original CD SH3 per Neal's instructions, patched her up and BOOM! "your drivers appear out of date" then ka-BOOM game refuses to load.

Checked video drivers to find the message lied. I am up to date on all Win7 patches and updates.

Quadruple checked I installed SH3 correctly (I did) and retired twice more, with the "Ka-BOOM" results (Note; I did not try to make the Ka-BOOM on purpose) Un-installed SH3, then noticed my brand new top of the line uber gaming PC running weirdly slow. (uh-oh)

Okay, let's do a roll back three days and everything will be fine. Not! The rollback failed to roll back, and the screen stopped at total black after the Win7 4 color balls rezzed to the MS logo. Total black? WTF over... I always thought I'd see this BSOD.

Anyway, in my ramblings I'll make it shorter... PC's at PC in patient care now. And my finger hesitates over the fire button on ordering SH4 and/or SH5. (Yes, Uncle Neal, I am relegating the SH3 CD to my coffee coaster pile.)

My question, which I know should be at the top, but I am on a typing roll so... Question is: Are SH4 and SH5 as big a pain to install on Win7?

Thanks for putting up with the rant.

PS I'm running a lot of legacy XP games fine; UFO: Aftershock, Afterlight, Spore, the FALLOUT trilogy and so on... This is the first game I could not get to run in Win7, and it is a sad thing my PC porked out after the uninstall and rollback.

Last edited by Spotter; 03-15-10 at 02:25 AM. Reason: almost forgot to add
Spotter is offline   Reply With Quote