View Single Post
Old 08-25-07, 03:47 PM   #5
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I was warned off the PSS Airbus by a few people, but can't say I know it personally. The (heavily patched) Wilco Airbus Volume 1 is (by most people's accounts) the best one around, but it is far from perfect and the systems are somewhat simplified in comparison to the real thing, which is why I have not bought it (been tempted a few times LOL). However, as it does have an FS2 Crew add-on for it, I imagine it's not wildly innaccurate, so I might cave in... Must... resist... temptation.....:rotfl:

As you are probably aware, there are a few Airbus A320 add-ons in the pipeline, including one by PMDG for the A320 (Yay!), which I will almost certainly get, based on their reputation for accurate system modelling.

The FSX Airbus is farcical, I showed it to one of my friends who actually is a designer for Airbus Industrie and he nearly fell off the chair laughing at the rate of climb it has in FSX, slightly sorted in the FSX patch, but still wildly optimistic.

As far as I'm aware, it's the Airbus ECAM emulation and the Alpha Floor Function which is foxing developers and making it hard to simulate, and these are the things I want in an Airbus simulation, as it is a very different kettle of fish to the Boeing ethos.

One of my Airbus repaints (this is for the TTTS Airbus 320 in a test flight paint scheme which shows which bits are composite on the airframe, nice external model, but don't bother seeking this one out, the cockpit is very bad):

Chock