View Single Post
Old 03-04-08, 05:26 PM   #12
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobalExplorer
- East India Company is not out and I'm not sure it every will .
Lighthouse Interactive(the Dutch publisher of Ship Sim) have taken the game on and it is still definitely on the cards

Quote:
- Akella's offerings are rubbish afaik
Yes, agreed a lot more quality control is necessary there, they could be great.

Quote:
- Pirates of the Burning Sea is a MMO - which means it doesnt interest me at all - if I want to compete against other people I go out and play pool. .
I dunno, AI will always be somewhat predictable, humans do the wierdest things

Quote:
- Sid Meier should retire imo. His second and last rehash of Pirates! was a major letdown. It really pissed me off with its arcadishness and cartoonish graphics.
Pirates wasn't too bad, but nowhere like the original, and it was a masterpiece compared to the absolute abomination that was "Railroads! "

Quote:
- These Johnny Depp movies have made everything worse. I am sick of the AOP cliche based around pirate gals, john silver, voodoo etc. Even less people seem to understand now that the AOS was an exciting historic period and there are ppl who want serious movies / computer sims about it.
Yes, I agree I'd far rather see a game based on Hornblower or Aubrey/Maturin without all the voodoo/monster stuff. Empire Total War should be interesting for the Napoleonics amongst us.