Old 10-20-09, 09:13 AM   #98
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starforce2 View Post
Ok, I'll keep testing.

I'm trying to ask what file the exact name class and type numbers are in. I can probably try just doing this in text editor. If I can get the hang of fixing these, I plan on doing some of my own, Mainly for FOTRS and 1.5.
you open the .mis file in the missions folder using windows "notepad" or something like it.

you will see every mission has the same basic info to construct and run the missions. (the .tsr file is for the mission breifing info)

this is where you can manually make your changes for missions that cant open with the mission editor for whatever reason.

the other files peabody mentioned are where you go to select or confirm what ships are to be used and the needed info to go with them.

these files are found inside the games directory files and they can also be opened and read using windows notepad but DO NOT EDIT the game files or you can cause many problems. the safest way is to make copies of them to use so if you make a mistake and change one it doesnt effect the game.

if you are going to make the missions FOTRS ready then they may already work since it was based on TMO to start with. it looks to me that most of the issues are related to RSRDC ships so check with lurker but i think the TMO version of RSRDC "might" work with FOTRS but only he knows for sure.