View Single Post
Old 02-27-09, 06:49 AM   #138
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itman
first off: the most useful companion to SHIII.
Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itman
Having installed the latest and brightest ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd. Followed closely the instructions given in the readme. On my XP-Box only superuser is allowed to install programs, so I've given read/write permission to the every-day-user too. Otherwise ComSupDelThalCommSpecUltEd won't let me modify SH3Cmdr.ini. Everything works fine except "roll-back" isn't automatically. I've checked the "automatically Roll-back"-check-box. But when quiting the game, roll-back does not happen. I have to push the roll-back-button.

In SH3Cmdr.ini the function "AutoRollback" is set to 1.

Did I miss something?
Because you mention specific permissions that are set on your computer, the first thing you need to ensure is that you are logged in under your Computer administrator account (check under Control Panel|User Accounts). This is the default superuser account. If you are, then your problem may be related to how your system's permissions are set up. Not sure that I can help too much there without knowing how it is set up.

Otherwise, ordinarily this problem may occur if:
  • you are running an auto shut down application like FSAutoStart or similar to close background processes before SH3 loads.
  • you are running a firewall or virus scanner while SH3 is running. Some can be over zealous and may block SH3Cmdr from doing its job.
If so, then turn all such applications off and test again. If auto rollback then works, turn each application back on and retest, until you find the one that is conflicting. Once you find it, you can check its settings and tweak as necessary.

Last edited by JScones; 02-27-09 at 07:02 AM.
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote