View Single Post
Old 10-05-08, 11:51 AM   #156
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Hi Philipp I have installed your water mod and went out on patrol to grid AN29 I had a nice cruse out to an29 looking in real-time from the tower at the water effect using your mod looks nice really good to say the least. It was mid morning and the sea was calm my watch crew reported that visibility was unlimited. Still looking around at the ocean I happen to look down at my subs interface bar and noticed the sub emblem was coloured Red no warning reports have been made by the watch crew so I searched the horizon but no contacts where visible so fearing for the safety of my sub I ordered a dive to periscope depth the sub icon turned green I waited for sonar to finish a sweep but no contacts were found so I ordered the sub to surface.
As soon as the sub broke the surface the icon again turned Red we returned to periscope depth this time the sonar guy found a contact at extreme range way over 10,000 meters away so again we surfaced and headed towards the contact at ahead full again the sub icon turned red on surfacing. We closed to 8,000 meters when the watch crew identified the contact as a small merchant….. I am thinking that there maybe something wrong with the fact the merchant spotted me at such a extreme range ….. after sinking it well headed west when again my sub icon again turned Red this time I stayed surfaced and ordered ahead full and manned all the guns then waited to see what happened nothing on radar no contact spotted by the watch crew we kept heading west then radar contact so I highlighted the contact which told me it was a fast moving contact we turned north to face side on to the contact it was an aircraft which we dispatched with no damage to ourselves. So the point of this report to you is that I think somehow your mod has changed the silhouette of my sub so as it can be seen at extreme range way before we can detect the contact :hmm:
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote