View Single Post
Old 11-27-17, 12:44 PM   #7
OleToothless
Nub

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post

1. Part of me hates to say that a lot of what I do with TMA comes from intuition and just experience, but it's true. I wish I could break it down better but I'm not sure it's possible. It probably needs something more like someone just guiding you, which is a labor intensive task to say the least .

3. The torpedo evasion video I posted is about evading torpedo acquisition. Once a torpedo has acquired, sometimes radical maneuvering but more likely a counter measure could save your hide. But it's still pretty dicey, I recommend against it
Hah, thanks Chazly!

TMA does seem to require some kind of intuition. I wish there was a way to get a little more info from the actual TMA plot, like zoom factor (2x, 4x, 8x, etc), maybe a little scale bar to show what 10kyd would look like at that scale, or the ability to lay the TMA plot over the tactical map. I doubt any of that would help me, but it would be cool.

On a side note, sunk my first submerged (and correctly ID'd) target over Thanksgiving

Polak - yeah I thought I had done that correctly but I guess not. May try again soon. Thanks for clarification.

Thanks for the responses everybody!
OleToothless is offline   Reply With Quote