View Single Post
Old 10-19-09, 02:45 PM   #74
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBSTER View Post

UPDATE: ok i think i found the main problem with it, there is a NAuxCru in RSRDC that he used in this mission and because there is no NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser in the stock game (its also not in TMO v1.7), thats why its giving you the ctd.

i tried to get it working by swapping out the NAuxCru IJN Auxiliary Cruiser for the NAMC GEAuxiliary Cruiser but it still causes a ctd but i probably didnt swap everything out correctly.

im sure he will fix it right up for you when he sees your post about it.
If you are trying to get it working in stock, there are several ships that are in the Approaches to Singapore that are not stock.
DDAkatsuki
DDHatsuharu
CVHiyo
DDKagero
DDYugumo
KMSSHogIslandJPN
DDMomi
KMSSRyuun

So it appears it is meant to be used with a MOD enabled.

If you are trying to get it to work with another MOD and swap out the NAuxCru with a GeAuxCruiser the "Classname" does not have NAMC in it, and the "origin" would need to be changed to 'German" . Also it is the "CommandUnit" of that group, so if you change the name, you would also need to change the "CommandUnitName"

You are correct: Sibutu Passage has the same issue of non-stock ships.

Suggestion: if cdrsubron7 let's you know which MOD these work with, you could Open the .tsr file and add that information to the "MissionBriefing=" or "MissionTitle=" section and it would then show when you highlight a mission before you actually try to play it. For example:

MissionBriefing=Sulu Sea|May, 1943||For use with RSRDC||Cdr, you've assigned to patrol the northern entrance of the Sibutu passage in the Sulu Sea for the next fifteen days. Intelligeance has informed us that aside from the usual merchant traffic there has been a significant increase in the amount of Japanese capital ships traniting the passage also. Good Luck

OR

MissionTitle=Sibutu Passage (TMO 1.7)

Or whatever MOD is necessary to make it work. By putting that info in the title or briedfing screen it would not be necessary to add a readme file, which nobody reads.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Last edited by peabody; 10-19-09 at 03:05 PM.