Thread: Torpedo Error?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-18, 02:51 PM   #1
twon01
Swabbie

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 0
Default Torpedo Error?

Hi all! long time lerker, first time poster.

I have recently gotten back into SH4 after many years away from the game. I have been a bit rusty and did many practice missions with manual targeting to make sure I could at least come close to hitting the target.

To practice I ran single mission games, got close to a target, then saved my progress, then ran attack after attack using the different methods noted on the forums. I printed the attack cards from rock'n'robins o'kane, cromwell and vector analysis methods. I have had great success hitting targets with those methods. I was feeling pretty confident with the manual targeting techniques.

However, after starting 3 campaigns I believe that I may have an error with my game. On all 3 campaigns (starting in early december of '41) I find targets and use every method discussed to shoot a target. The result is always the same. No matter what I send to the TDC when I launch a torpedo is travels 100-200 yds then takes a 45 degree turn to the left.

My last set up was on a freighter using the vector analysis method. I had sent all data to the tdc showing AOB=0 Speed=0 and Parascope at 0. Still the same result. I tried is with the PK on using constant updates to the TDC of range, bearing, AOB, etc....still the fish turn left at 45 degress.

I know that early fish were unreliable, but this seems more like a bug rather than fish running wild. I have tried different campaigns, new saves, etc. I am running Rallies Mod Soup with the update.

Mods are:

1.0TMO_RSRDC_OTC
1.5 OTC OptionalGoodys
1.5_OTC_REALISTIC Scopes for 16 to 9 RSDRDC
2.0 Ralles ModPack for TMO-RSRDC_OTC
AI Shoots torpedos
TMO_aft_deckguns
TMO_alt_engineSoudns
TMO_Alternate_JS_Radar_performance
TMO_Subtetures_Fooskin
2.1 TorpedoupdateV2

I have searched and unable to find anything in the forums about this particular issue. Any help would be great! And thanks to everyone for all the awesome work on the mods and the time spent helping newbies like me!
twon01 is offline   Reply With Quote