View Single Post
Old 05-31-18, 06:51 AM   #7
VizlaN
Watch

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH755 View Post
Delgard - At that screen I always choose "Man battle stations" rather than getting closer using 25kyds etc yet I still get spawned at 2-4kyds at most.
Two factors that I've noticed make a difference:
1) Your speed on map. If you are going full speed, it does not matter(also noticed I sometimes can't select "Close to") if you pick "Man battle stations" or "Close to Xkyds", they will be close and you will most likely start detected. Can sometimes avoid it if you immediately go reverse to slow down, but not always.

2) Whether you approach them undetected, or they approach you while you are detected by air assets on map. If you are detected by air assets and select "Man battle stations", you will spawn close and most likely already detected. If you select "Close to ≥15kyds" you will not spawn detected by vessels(varies, but seems to be most common), but there might be helicopter or aircraft close by.

To avoid constantly starting the engagement detected, avoid the above and be careful about using "Man battle stations", it generally seems random between 10->25kyds. Personally if I control the initial engagement and want to avoid looking for a plankton in the ocean select "Close to 15kyds" if submarine or 20kyds if surface vessels. There's still the odd chance you'll have a helicopter or plane nearby, but its rare.

PS, noticed reply above: I don't select a range and hit "Man battle stations", instead hit "Close to" after setting range. Not sure if there's a difference as I never tested it, but assume so since its two different buttons.

Last edited by VizlaN; 05-31-18 at 07:43 AM.
VizlaN is offline   Reply With Quote