View Single Post
Old 02-26-19, 04:04 PM   #1
oifsnafu
Nub

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Hilariously Mislabeled Gauges

Hi, guys.

Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the mislabeled gauges in the control room. For instance, the backbord and steuerbord RPM gauges are labeled "Abfragen/Einstellen" (register/adjust) and "Frequenzabgleich" (frequency tuning) respectively. The forward dive plane angle meter is called "Schusswinkel" (firing angle) and the aft dive plane meter is called "Zuender" (fuse). In strolling around the control room, I've even found one plate upside down as well as mislabeled. It appears that there were a limited number of plates made and these were just re-used at any place a name plate seemed appropriate. Not an issue to be addressed, just wondering if any of the other deutschsprechende volk out there noticed. For non-German speakers, imagine if you were playing a game made to be about an American submarine and you saw these labels on the gauges. That baffled "Huh? Wait...what?" sensation. I'm wondering if anybody else has had that.

Having said that, the Wolves of Steel mod is amazing. I'm on a limited income and I was able to get SH5 on Steam for $4, which is PERFECT for my budget. The reviews on the game made it seem nearly unplayable. The work that the Wolves of Steel team did on this mod is just perfect and I'm able to get completely lost in the immersion. Plotting ship courses from hydrophone contacts is fun and likewise calculating torpedo data etc., etc., but honestly, I really like just being out on the sea in the boat in different weather, above and below water. Just...out of my head...in another place and time.

Thank you for fixing this broken game. I'm genuinely grateful.
oifsnafu is offline   Reply With Quote