View Single Post
Old 10-30-08, 10:09 PM   #7
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

After further trial I decided to tune down the noise performance of the Seawolf.
Now the Seawolf is less quieter than my previous version but it is still quieter than the stock LWAMI by 2 points which is still considerable. The speed at which the many sonar can still be operated has been tuned down appropriately to match the lower noise performance. The Seawolf however is still the quietest and most dangerous sub in DW even more than in LWAMI 308.

The radio wire length has been cut to twice the length of the stock while maintaining the stock buoyancy value. This reduces the depth at which you can use your radio wire but still offering reasonable depth to operate it(40-50m). The time to fully deploy and recover the wire has been appropriately made twice that of LWAMI or stock.

The number of sonar trackers in Seawolf has been doubled. So now each sonar can be assigned up to 8 trackers instead of the stock 4. The Seawolf computing power requires hundreds of gallon of seawater to cool it down so I believe 4 trackers is an under representation of the Seawolf computing capabilitiy.

The Akula I, Akula Improved and Akula II have been tuned down from LWAMI 308 value by a little(2 points or more) because I believe even the Akula or Bars classes SSN are still noisier than US backbone 688i. So now no Akula is quieter than an improved Los Angeles class submarine though the margin is small enough to make tactic the determining factor.

Link
http://files.filefront.com/LWAMIsmallextensionmodF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And if you want to play with Hyperacoustic sound mod . . .

I found a great sound mod for Sc whch is usable for DW called Hyperacoustic sound mod. Look for it here www.subguru.com under download section scroll to Sub command part. Hyperacoustic allow you to have signature sound effect both in 3D and in broadband sonar station of the Akula I, I improved, II, Kilo, Kilo Improved, Los Angeles, Improved LA, Seawolf, small boat(trawler and fishing boat) and seismic phenomenon.

And for those who intend to use this mod(Hyperacoustic sound mod) in DW and are also interested in using the LWAMI small extension mod I provide the necessary Database files. You still have to add the new sound files yourself with SCSoundedit to your Audio folder sfx.agg file. Newest version of SCsoundedit is 1.02 I think. Look for it in subsim or subguru. There is a replacement sound file for the background noise which is reduced in volume with Hyperacoustic mod and will enable you to hear the sounds effect much louder. I suggest you to also combine the blackmuzzle sound mod for DW(though you probably be best not to add the active pinging file from blackmuzzle to LoBlo's mod) and LoBlos broadband audio sfx.agg with Hyperacoustic sound mod For even louder sound effects.

The replacement of background noise may require you to tune the sound setting for optimal sound experience.

http://files.filefront.com/Database+LWAMI308+Exten

After further testing I'm thrilled by the combined sound mod(LoBlo sfx.agg file+ selected Blackmuzzle realism files(no active pinging)+ Hyperacoustics mod).
Now I could hear the sound of a Supertanker 10 nm away doing 12 knots(though it is barely).

The OHP is audible at 5 nm doing a 15 knots

Of course the trawler is so noisy.

The Akula I passing at 12 knots at 3-4 nm is clearly audible

This is a far improvement over stock or even LoBlo modded game.

Last edited by Castout; 11-03-08 at 09:40 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote