View Single Post
Old 01-08-17, 02:44 PM   #1437
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilooliK View Post
So I downloaded the newest RA mod. Ive been a subsim fan for years and played the 688 hunter killer sim since its release. I just recently started playing DW back in june. Great sim.

I played exclusively with the Kilo subs on the stock DW and was looking forward to playing them in the new RA mod. I love the Kilo stealth and the challenge it offers with a smaller payload of weapons compared to bigger subs (688/Akula) and no towed array. I feel the Kilo broad/narrow band sonar is easier to read contacts and classify, as well.

After downloading RA and playing, I quickly learned that the Kilo subs are very inaccurate with its weapons. Missiles and torpedos. I once fired my entire payload at an Oliver Perry and didnt hit it one time. 10 missiles and 8 Uset 80 torpedoes. Not 1 hit. Like literally, a 10% hit rate or less on average. The Uset 80 torpedo cant hit sh*t, no matter what setting you input. The Test 71 torpedo is a bit more accurate with its wireguided ability. About a 50% hit rate. When I engage a boat with a missile, the missile always flies by/above or a mile off target. Even on a snapshot. Ive tried wide/narrow presets and nothing works. I play with autocrew on sonar/tma, but not on weapons. I like to select my weapon presets. Ive read the RA manual on the new weapons and input the correct settings. I jumped in a Akula lll and quickly dispatched an Oliver Hazard Perry with a pair of missiles.

What is going on with the Kilo's? I also notice that a contact will jump around on the nav map before or after engaging the target. Sometimes making my weapon presets worthless. What is that about?
Welcome to Kilo life The jumping around is the auto-TMA working on its solution. To aid your auto-TMA in developing a solution, be sure to get sonar data on a few separate bearings (in order to get different bearing rates on the contact) before engaging. I know you said you're checking the weapons manual, but double check that your ceiling settings (which can program the torpedo) are correct.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote