View Single Post
Old 08-27-17, 01:50 PM   #5241
Admiral Lutjens
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 73
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you have the Large Address Aware set on the SH4.exe, as per CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install? That would help immensely with RAM management for the game. However, I suppose we should find out what you have for a computer, since it sounds like something is still off a bit with your install. Of specific interest would be the type of graphics display / card that you have, but also the amount of RAM and the cpu.

As far as the FotRSU mod team is concerned, a CTD is unacceptable. We want to try to figure out why you're getting those. The use of much Time Compression (TC) can mess things up, which is one reason why it's limited to 2048 in the mod. But even at that, if you encounter many planes, or large groupings of ships, you will notice a "glitch" in the TC, like the game "hiccuped", but we don't want anymore than that... Can you describe the circumstances surrounding your "lock-ups" and "crashes" please?
I did the upgrade for windows 10 and it works fine now. However, it may just be the game and beyond control, but why wouldn't there be friendly air cover in friendly waters? Seems no matter where I go I get harrassed by Allied planes and run out of AA ammo very quickly.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...=1#post2671928
Admiral Lutjens is offline   Reply With Quote