View Single Post
Old 06-15-19, 09:30 AM   #25
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

The final steps of my testings are more close now, here is an info update :

Aircraft Support during campaign:

By activating some triggers in the TDW Generic Patcher, you will receive air support from allied airbases that are reasonably close to your location when you send a Contact Report. Wether you receive support will however depend on BDU's judgement, the more the target is important, the more likely you will receive support, also the vicinity of the allied airbase is a factor for receiving the support within a reasonable time frame.
This feature can however also work against you: if an enemy ship detects you, be prepared that it will also send a radio report, and consequently enemy ships or aircrafts from enemy airbases will head to your location to 'join the party'...
After testing these activated triggers (testing still going on), I'm optimistic to say that the game will remain stable. I will provide this feature as a 'Snapshot' to load with the Generic Patcher. In the case your game gets unstable, you can then reload a snapshot with 'Standard Settings'.

Time Compression - Setting Changes

(from my included Readme):

---------------
I have changed TC to make more sense between TRAVEL MODE switched on or off.
Use Travel Mode in friendly waters or in situations where you want higher TC to reach a zone or to end your patrol more quickly. Switch Travel Mode OFF in enemy waters in order to guarantee that TC will drop to 1 on any contact visible by your crew on the bridge.
In the NavMap, it's the icon on the upper right, if it's yellow then Travel Mode is on, otherwise it's off.

Enemy Aircrafts:
I have changed the settings for Time Compression with enemy aircrafts to drop to TC1 in all cases as soon as your crew spots planes, wether Travel Mode is on or off, that doesn't matter. You will therefore have enough time to take defensive action in this most dangerous situation.

Ships:
I have adjusted the TC to drop to TC1 in case of any ship contact (enemy or friendly) when not in travel mode, so you cannot deduce from the dropping TC wether it's an enemy or not, you need to properly identify all ships! Whith Travel Mode activated, TC cannot go higher than TC64 in most cases if new ships are expected to come in sight (especially in ports), this limitation is a necessity for game stability. After the ships have gone out of sight, increase TC again if you want, but you need to specially take care when navigating in ports, if using high TC you are always risking to collide with ships!

Radio Messages:
I have made it so that radio messages received will never drop TC. This should not be a problem because in dangerous situations you should not be in high TC anyway and you can then still read messages in time, also with high TC the Radio Message Box will be flashing on the NavMap to show you an incoming message, so you can return to TC1 manually and read the message if you want.
Optionally, you can press an icon on the upper right in the NavMap to set TC1 on any radio message received.

IMPORTANT!
The necessary file responsible for Time Compression, main.cfg, is copied to the savegame folder by the game when the options are set in the SH5 game menu the first time, and it will NOT change afterwards. If you have already played SH5 and such a file is present in your savegame folder, it's important that you also replace it manually with the file in this mod in ...Documents\SH5\Cfg, otherwise this mod will not work.
Also the mod 'OFEV_Necessary_Settings' must be loaded to set the OptionFileEditorViewer accordingly.

-----------

Some issues with the campaign Open Horizons II v.2.5
Some CTD's can happen in the Kiel port, the most heavy port in the game as far as computer ressources are concerned.
Some units in the Kiel Canal are enemy ones (ships from Poland) and you can see friendly planes attacking them. There is little I can do about, I will try to make file replacements taken from TWoS for the campaign, but this will most likely not work. All I can say: If you see enemy ships in the canal, close your eyes and continue with your travel
If you get persistent CTD's in Kiel after going out of the bunker, you must save the game before CTD in a separate slot and reload this save. In rare occasions, ships in ports will behave wrongly and cause CTD, in this case also try to save and reload, or as an extreme measure: change your departure date with KSD Commander. Here too, there is little I can do against without heavily doing changes in OHII...

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-15-19 at 09:49 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote