Old 01-27-13, 08:49 AM   #1324
Navuhodonosor
Engineer

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by limkol View Post
Just an idea:

When I'm at sea, there's no problem with Ship Inertia mod or IRAI Inertia Damage mod. But I have found that I can't sail into Kiel with them activated....whether I use Time Compression on no TC. As soon as a German ship is in sight the game crashes.
When I disable the 2 mods, there's no problem.
So what I've done is I've made 2 copies of sobers mep file. In one I've deleted the 2 Inertia mods and renamed the mep file 'sobers harbour mep'. I've named the other 'sobers sea mep'. I use jsgme to enable 'sobers harbour mep' to get in and out of the harbour and I enable 'sobers sea mep' when I am sea. (after saving and loading of course).
I've done this without ctd's (...so far).

My question to you is, is this a good idea or is there a risk that I mess things up? I know there are some mods that can only be enabled in the bunker or at the start of a new campaign.
I reported that too. There is some problem with German ships and inertia. If you wanna go trough campaign then my advice is to go without inertia because it may or may not bloat and corrupt your save. And when you are in the middle of the 1943 then you will be very angry if you have to start again. If you want simply to test stability then is OK. Mods are very nice, just needs some polishing. No one can tell you for sure what will be , I play without them ,I really want at least once to go trough entire campaign.