View Single Post
Old 03-25-08, 06:20 AM   #72
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
I just took a look at all files for a conning tower (dat, val, zon, sim and cam) and I didnīt find any useful control there. Even in the .val file. Perhaps this Conning tower splash use another specific way to generate that effect?:hmm:
damn..:hmm: it maybe duplicates the effect tied to the hull model files bow ..for the bow spray...perhaps there is some "link" reference in that the conning tower is classified as having a "collision box" with the ocean.. i was wondering last night wether the conning tower could be invisibily extended in the model file to add small extra boxes along the hull side that duplicated the bow spray effect ...it may be be that small transparent boxes could be added to the tower model file placed to represent the drain areas...
probably miles of the plot ..but on the other hand having water draining off the back of the conning tower when the spray effect was triggered would also look pretty good!...what about the wake effect ..maybe the periscope wake trigger..they are speed related..
keep up the good work...i'd be very happy with just what you have allready done here! (havent seen the video sorry i'm on a modem) but the screen shots look perfect to me

can i ask a question whilst i'm here??
the "concussion" effect tied to the conning tower...the one which causes the screen to shake and blur when the tower takes a cannon shell hit...is that in any way transferableto the main hull...as having that effect (sounds and all) trigger when a DC hits the hull or close by would be stunning...have you come across the trigger for that any where?

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote