View Single Post
Old 01-05-07, 12:30 PM   #23
SaxMan
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

I think at this point in the thread people are talking past one another. Maybe I missed something but one of the reasons stated here against modding DW is "we didn't have time/money to make the game mod-able". Aside from the contractual/legal constraints w/ DoD and foreign gov'ts (which is debatable as well), I still don't understand why SCS is *going out of its way* to prohibit modding, that others have shown is doable in the past without requiring any software architecture changes (or any other output from SCS for that matter). I don't see the community asking SCS for modding tools/editors, although that's a good idea in and of itself; what I see is the community merely asking permission to mod things other than the database and doctrine files.
As far as the "we didn't meet our sales quota so we can't afford an expansion pack" excuse - I had a feeling this was going to be the case from day 1, and it's a shame that it worked out that way too.
Like I said, I must be missing something because even after this whole thread it still doesn't all add up - There's got to be something more here than meets the eye.