View Single Post
Old 07-31-17, 08:48 AM   #5113
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
You really had me worried there torpedobait... Remember that the game does dates differently in just about all of the areas of the game. Some places, they go mmddyyyy, other places, yyyymmdd, other places ddmmyyyy, as above, so you are seeing "second day of the first month, in the year 1943", which would be January 2nd, 1943 to a Yankee...

Just to let you know, that Miyoka Harbor issue you found is much much more than just Miyoka Harbor... We have discovered another Bermuda Triangle area in the game!... - If nothing else, we have a quick-fix to use, but we are attempting to rectify the situation in a proper manner. We had all of our ducks in a row when we split the Jap_HarborTraffic file into "layers", but the game has a unique way of dealing with RndGroups that are numbered above 777... they just up and disappear, unless they are part of the Jap_HarborTraffic file, which apparently has magical powers beyond mere mortal comprehension... There must be a special place in Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific for that file...
Had not noticed that about the dates. Must be reflecting the preferences of different programmers working in the same modules (or whatever they are now days). Shows a lack of quality control. Setting universal parameters like date formats should be done at the very outset of a project. But easy to say now, eh?

Sorry to give you a mess on those harbors, etc. but glad it is going to contribute to the overall quality. I'm back in early 1943. Going to see if I can complete a career before the next release. I always start fresh with each release. Feels like Groundhog Day after a while!

Keep 'em coming. I am loving this project. Very stable, very pretty, and at times very exciting. Nothing like a dud torpedo bouncing off a hard charging DD that is only 650 yards away and coming right at my bow to get the adrenaline flowing!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote