View Single Post
Old 09-06-07, 03:26 AM   #14
Coletrains
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Problem manually solved

I had the same problem when ever I tried to change the gun type within a career. I am playing with v1.2 knowing that I always have to set my gun type when offered a new bot. Unfortunately with the new Balao class I installed a bow gun instead of stern (I always used stern since I need the the gun only if i cant dive due to hull damage and a destroyer is following me).

Solution (not so easy) to replace a Bow deck gun with a Stern deck gun (2 crewmen):
all entrances are in the file of your savegame:
-ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc (backup it!)

-Search for the compartments 7 (Stern gun) and 8 (Bow gun)
they start with "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7"
-Get a feeling of the file structure and write it down (compare sections of savegames with Stern and Bow type gun for instance and see differences)
-do not change "UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7/8"
-now exchange the weapon entrances:
for instance replace "[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]" (which means nothing is installed at stern)
with all sub categories beginning with "[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.WeaponSlot 1.Weapon]" to "[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 8.CrewMemberSlot 2.CrewMember.Rank.CrewMember3D]"
-you can simply cut/copy and paste.
-now change the numbers "7" to "8" and "8" to "7" of the moved categories

Some small changes left:
-in "[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.WeaponSlot 1]" enter the gun type:
-"IDLinkWeaponLoaded=x", x=gun type for me it was 4in50calUS
-search in compartments 7 and 8 for (multiple entries) :
"ID=CrewMemberSlot_x", x should be DGun for Stern and DGgun2 for Bow (note that there is another extension C1 and L for crew and leader which you dont need to change like DGun2L)
-search for "WatchCrewMemberSlot3D=WM2@slot_M0x", x=1 for Bow, and x=2 for Stern (if you don't adjust this you have a shooting non visible gun crew)

-search for "CurrentUpgradePack=Upack4in50calDGBow" and change this to "CurrentUpgradePack=Upack4in50calDGStern" (this is only for the description in the docks)

------
I am German. Do you know that "Bow" means in German "Bug" ....and we all now what a game Bug is.