View Single Post
Old 08-09-18, 05:45 PM   #72
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default BURN BBY BURN!

^ THIS ONE: 1982 LOVE CREEK SLIDE, STICKS IN MY HEAD BECAUSE I WAS ONE OF THE FEW REAL ESTATE VALUERS/APPRAISERS THAT WOULD VENTURE INTO THE REMOTE SAN LORENZO VALLEY OF THE SANTA CRUZ MOUNTAINS.
Quote:
In 1976 the Santa Cruz county officials had started to contract for the services of an environmental consulting firm with Michael C. Moore and Bruce W. Stenman, to use the newly declassified NASA satellite photos of the county to conduct a mapping and on the ground assessment of stability. The county officials cancelled the survey after local real estate developers expressed strong opposition. A survey of unsafe areas would have limited the ability of the developers to build roads and homes in the mountainous areas of Santa Cruz countyLove Creek flooding and landslides took place in an area that had been stable for centuries prior to the logging and removal of the redwoods which continues to the present day. Santa Cruz county officials approved the building of roads and homes while ignoring the hazardous conditions being created with this change in the landscape. This was a man made disaster.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2012/01/07/30-years-ago-22-lost-in-santa-cruz-countys-deadliest-natural-disaster/ ADDING IN THE 1985 LEXINGTON HILLS FIRE, http://articles.latimes.com/1985-07-09/news/mn-8116_1_los-gatos AND THE MASSIVE EPICENTER'D 1989 LOMA PRIETA EARTHQUAKE http://articles.latimes.com/1985-07-09/news/mn-8116_1_los-gatos I THEN WISED UP AND MOVED 100 MILES NORTH TO NAPA IN 1990 ....TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL.... .... AS WITH THE PG&E CAUSED FIRE DISASTERS AND THE STATE LEGISLATURE ATTEMPT CURRENTLY TO PASS LAWS RELIEVING A MAJOR UTILITY OF CRIMININAL BLAME TO PROTECT SHAREHOLDER AND/OR COUNTY OVER DEVELPMENT REVENUES , THE WHOLE THING IS DISGUSTING.... AND IT AIN'T OVER YET. GOVERNOR 'MOONBEAM' BROWN IS COVERING HIS POLITICAL/CORPORATE ASS IN THE WORLD'S 10 LARGEST ECONOMY :
Quote:
Gov. Jerry Brown released a proposal Tuesday to reduce PG&E’s legal responsibility for wildfire damages after months of intense lobbying at the California Capitol.
The change could shift the financial burden for blazes onto insurance companies and lead to higher coverage premiums for homeowners.

“Now more than ever, Californians depend on reliable electrical power to heat and cool homes, run hospitals and fire stations and so much more,” Brown wrote in a letter to the Legislature. “Yet, the increasingly destructive and costly wildfires and natural disasters have the potential to undermine the system, leaving our energy sector in a state of weakness at a time when it should be making even greater investments in safety.” VS: “This proposal’s weakening of well-established liability standards is nothing more than a bailout of public utilities, shifting their financial liability onto the backs of wildfire survivors, homeowners, communities and businesses,” said a statement from Stop the Utility Bailout, a coalition of homeowners’ insurance companies.
“Protecting utilities’ shareholders over fire survivors leaves the very individuals and communities whose lives were upended on the hook to the benefit of huge utility companies.”

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 08-09-18 at 06:05 PM. Reason: ADDED LINKS AS MY RAGE MOUNTS
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote