View Single Post
Old 08-24-17, 01:07 PM   #25
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Would if be possible moving/rotating the Aruba location, so that its outline matches better the local coast outline?

Yes, I'm working on this, with satellite views.

Quote:
Some of the oil storage tanks located farther from the shoreline look like they are standing directly from the grass; could you raise a bit the whole location so that the concrete pavement will stand higher than the underllying terrain in every portion of the refinery area
I will see what can be done.

Quote:
The smoke effect looks amazing, but maybe such a big dark plume is a bit out of place. I don't know what 40's US regulations on industrial emissions were (probably there wasn't any regulation), nor I know the technical details of oil refining of the time, but I know that black smoke is the result of incomplete hydrocarbon combustion, and I would expect a refinery to emit large quantities of it, only if it was set on fire ...
... that's the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
... looks to me like it took a few hits from an 88mm deck gun there gap...
... that's the goal. For now, that's only land units which are emitting this black smoke. I have to create destroyable oil storage tanks, with the proper burning effect. I was testing the smoke effect. I would it to be bigger, as on this pic :

I have also to create the flames effect :

But I think I will need to create a special animation effect (I know it's possible, as in SH4 effects mod for SH3).

Quote:
If that was the case, the current smoke effect would be totally accurate, and my suggestion would be to add white smokes or pilot flames to some of the chimneys
Yes, that's my plan too, as on this picture of Aruba refinery :

Quote:
I thank you for your praises, though I have no merit on this project
You forgot the triangles ...