View Single Post
Old 05-07-09, 08:56 AM   #14
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
Yup, I'm familiar with snus, tried it once. Just not that easy to get here in Finland as (IIRC) selling/buying/importing is illegal. And then again, I've seen some nasty photos of longtime snus users' mouths, not pretty. And lastly, why would I want to give up smoking and then switch to snus?
Take in a few pictures of smokers who had lung cancer. Not to pretty either. You are not switching to SNUS. SNUS is just like the gum or patch. Your body is still getting nicotine from these just like SNUS is doing. It helps you get over the need to want to have a smoke. In other words, crave a smoke pull out a snus instead. Once over the crave to smoke to get your nicotine I think quiting SNUS would be easier than quiting the smokes. Everyone is different. Cold turkey is hard but from my experiences with others quiting, this is the best way to go. My inspiration is my wifes aunt. Three packs a day. She went cold turkey. If she can kick a 3 pack a day habit then my 15 cigarettes a day should be a snap.

I did not know you could not get SNUS in your country. Good Lord, you can mail order it here in the states. Takes about 7 days. Crazy.

You know what helps me....go to a place were smoking is not allowed. A great spot is the library. You can busy yourself with a good book on Bf-109s or something. If the smokes and or smoke itself is not around you then you feel more at ease when you get a craving.