View Single Post
Old 03-24-17, 02:32 PM   #4333
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post
Hi I was wondering when you release the next Beta can you restore the Medal of Honor medal to the game I uploaded a pic of what it used to look like.

I also was wondering if you can make the Gold Periscope seen in the pic attached compatible with the next beta for fotrs it is not compatible with the new fotrs thanks.

Lt Commander Lare
Guess it's a personal preference regarding the Medal of Honor. I personally don't believe the Medal of Honor has been, every will be, awarded for simply a tally of enemy killed. In the case of the Silent Hunter game.......Due to the shear number of ships sunk, or the amount of tonnage totaled? No, I don't think so. You would have to prove yourself to be more than just a good shot to receive the Medal of Honor.

That's why I took it out of the game, as I did the "Distinguished Service Medal". It has no place in being awarded to a submarine Captain. Its criteria for award is for "exceptionally meritorious service to the United States while serving in a duty or position of great responsibility". For one thing, a Captain of a sub doesn't fit "a position of great responsibility". The term "great responsibility" implies senior military responsibility, and the decoration is normally only bestowed to senior Navy flag officers. In other words, you better be working in Nimitz Staff as his "Chief coffee maker" to get the award.

=======

As far as the image you showed, I don't think it looks anything at all like an Attack Periscopes rubber eyepiece! More like looking out a port hole.

In reality, you're eye was pressed into this eyepiece to keep out light and ended up only about a half inch away from the lens....no room for seeing much of the surrounding area.

We try to make things as "Authentic" as possible.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote