View Single Post
Old 11-03-17, 01:46 PM   #8
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Now, we could fix that in FotRSU, as far as the carrier goes, but I haven't looked there yet to see if there's one on that date... (makes note to self, only "self" probably won't remember...)

Being in the harbor area, you should be far enough away for everything to spawn, but I'll check that in FotRSU also. Seems to me, from my "study" of all-things-lurker, that his planes are set out far enough also... I'll have to get to a "real" computer later this evening, and I'll check my RSRDC files and let you know what I find...

Edit: I was able to get to the files over the net. Usually doesn't work. Anyway, from what I see in my install, there are no carriers at Midway. However, there might be one "stuck" from the 41a files, but I couldn't see from what it would have come. If you're referring to Pearl Harbor, Lurker does use a nearly "Stock" US_HarborTraffic file there, so there are four spots where a CV could spawn, even on December 8, 1942, of which, there were none then either. Anyway, as for the Japanese planes, there's only the one "strike" force, "IJN Midway air strike" RGG. They are set to spawn on June 04, 1942 at 0430 hours, with a route that will take them about 535km, or one hour and 45 minutes to travel, so they should show up at about 0615, give or take a couple-three days... but seriously, about 0615 on the 4th, they should be buzzing you.

Lurker was pretty good about getting things "on time" in his RSRDC mod, but there is a caveat. If you've opened any of his files in the Mission Editor, there is a very strong possibility that the files have been altered, whether you think they are or not. The ME does things to the files that most folks are not aware of. The "DelayMin=" setting is one, in that the game "defaults..." to a setting of "=60" for 60 minutes, and Lurker uses either zero or one. That controls the Delay in Minutes for a group to spawn. The "DelayMinInterv=" is another, which is how often a group will generate. The game's default is 1440, for 24 hours. Lurker generally uses "1", or one minute. What that does is it takes the "Random" out of the "Random Group Generation", and turns it into a "Specific Timetable Group Generation", based upon his "GameEntryDate=" and "GameEntryTime=" settings. Most any use of the Mission Editor, and like MS Windows, it will put it back to what it (the ME) thinks is appropriate, which will then make the group at least one day and one hour late from what Lurker set it to...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-03-17 at 02:39 PM. Reason: findings...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote