View Single Post
Old 05-29-16, 10:25 AM   #39
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTBilly View Post
... The bad is that the ghost of ticking sound haunts me again. I located where the problem is. The creaking sounds when underwater. With v2.o sounds running, the program tries to play a creaking sound every 2-3 seconds, making the game unplayable...

Does anyone else experience this situation?...

Give me some feedback, please.
OK, while I've accidentally trashed my v1.3 install (my mistake), I think I've discovered what the sound is supposed to be, and I can get it to sound in v1.3 ("standard" FOTRSv1.3 sounds) when going beyond "Test Depth" in a Gar boat (330 feet). Once you go a bit beyond the red line, there will be the sound of glass breaking, which I assume is supposed to be the sound of a meter's faceplate glass breaking, maybe a light bulb... Problem is, the deeper you go, the more glass that breaks, to the point that by the time you reach approx. 360+ feet, the glass breaking sounds every 1-2 seconds, and is very irritating, in that it's the same sound, at the same volume, and is much louder than the creaking sounds, which have basically stopped anyway. The version 2 sound files may not have a "breaking glass" sound, and that might be the "click" that you're hearing, which would be a file failing to load or play... maybe. But it's much more irritating actually hearing the sound in v1.3... :wink:

Now, if I can figure out what I did to deserve the odd eyes "in" my crewmen... they're there, just very disturbing looking. I trashed something. I also have blank dials at the control station. Maybe it's from going beyond test depth... ??

Edit: In my "stock" v1.5 SH4 install, I've gone much deeper than red line in a Gar boat, and the creaking never stops, no breaking glass sound, and cruised around just fine at 430 feet. I have not attempted to find what happens and at what depth the actual "crush" is yet.

Last edited by propbeanie; 05-29-16 at 10:38 AM. Reason: sprelling mistooks & additional comment
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote