View Single Post
Old 12-21-16, 03:31 PM   #33
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenRivet View Post
the final tally on her medical bills rested in the $115,000 range, of which we will be responsible for about $7,000 out of pocket.
Egads...well, that's one of the advantages we have here, you wouldn't have had to have paid a thing for that. That I'm aware of anyway, but the flipside is that you probably have a lot shorter waiting times for routine operations than here. However since she went through ER then I imagine they would have been fairly quick about it. I had abdomen pains about this time last year, had a horrid feeling that it was gall stones since my mother had had to have an op to remove her gall bladder the previous year and the pain I had was in the same region as the pain she had with her stones. Thankfully it turned out to have probably been trapped wind (which has no business being that painful), but for a little while the docs were unsure if it was my appendix and so I was pencilled in for a removal op which would have been done probably within 24 or so hours if we hadn't have both figured out that it was just trapped wind.
So the framework was there to get me into a quick operation as needed.
Again though, flipside, I don't live in an area which is too heavily populated and so our hospital probably isn't as overcrowded as the inner city ones.
It's all pros and cons really, I couldn't honestly stand up hand on heart and say that your daughter would have received better care in our healthcare system because I don't have the relevant data available to make that comparison, but with something like that...well, money is of a secondary concern at the time isn't it.