Hi Gap,

I've tested again.
Thank you Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
The topmark now looks good (and rusty)

Quote:
The icon on the map needs a severe talking to IMHO it should be a lot lot smaller.
Sure it should.
Now the question is: do those tga masks get scaled to a fixed size on map, no matter what is their pixel resolution, or they are displayed in real size and at their own resolution; in other words: should I scale the whole file, or only the visible icon within it?

Quote:
The lighthouse/rock alignment is still out. If, in the rock dat file, you bring in the lighthouse file using s3Deditor, align the rock under the lighthouse using the translation values, and then delete the lighthouse node from the rock dat file and save, would that not align things - this has worked for me in the past.
In theory, the lighthouse and the rock should be already aligned without need of adjusting node translation values. You can easily check that by exporting the two models and importing them in the 3D program you use. The point is being able to quicly place in game the two parts by just entering the coordinates provided by my spreadsheet. Either I am doing something wrong, I miss a piece of information, or the coordinate-based alignment is not as obvious as I initially thought.

Quote:
The sub treated the rock like a Mcdonald's I'm afraid - complete drive through thats the tailend of the sub sticking out the rock in the screenshot.
Okay, I think I know how to fix it

Quote:
I'm not sure about the caustics - possibly OK as there are shadows etc depending on where the sun is - would need Kendras' ( or somebody who knows about caustics) input on this.
I thought shadows didn't work in SHIII, and the model I sent you has no shadow models/controllers. Where are shadows coming from lol

Quote:
My own thoughts about the reflection is that it is far too faint. It can hardly be seen...
Okay, I don't know if they can make reflections more obvious, but there are some properties in the water reflection controller that we can play with. I see your lighthouse has some nice reflections, how did you se them?

Quote:
and the light house looks weird on the sea - sorry. see my last screenshot of a L/H I imported from Sketchup and put on your first rock.
Nice! What lighthouse is that?
I know a tower raising directly from the waves is a bit weird, if this is what you mean, but that's exactly how the Petite Vielle looks like. Other lighthouse will be more conventional

gap is offline   Reply With Quote