Old 07-16-17, 06:25 AM   #227
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLF View Post
Hi Gap,

I've tested the lighthouse more thoroughly this morning and here are my observations:-
Thank you very much!

After installation of files using Generic Mod Installer (JSGME)

Quote:
As a Terrain object using Locations.cfg...

Result:-
Quote:
Light tower floating mid-air.
The rock is on the seabed
That's normal: as discovered by Kendras, terrain objects' vertical positon is tied to the sea level, but for land units the same is relative to the sea bottom. My rock model is set for being used as a terrain object, and the rock as a land unit, thence their vertical misalignment during your test

Quote:
No Top structure or lantern (Only tower with platform and perimeter railings)
No flashing light
Again, that could be normal, depending on your definition of 'platform'.

In v5, the base unit is composed by the concrete base plus the tower, nothing else. The remaing structures (top metal platform, lantern with flashing light effect, top mark) are set as configurable equipments and linked to the main model through eqp file, which only takes effect when the lighthouse is used as an unit.
Since during your test you could see the 'platform', I suspect you might have been testing v4 where the platfom (if by platform you mean the metal structure with ladder that lantern and top mark are placed on) is not an equipment but part of the main model. The two parts were separated in v5

Quote:
No reflection (possibly too high in the air)
Reflection controllers and models were added with v5. The model being too high for casting reflections is the most likely explaination, unless you made your tests using v4 instead of v5, in which case there shouldn't be any reflections at all.

Quote:
As Land Unit after amending the eqp file date for the light...
Do you mean the EndDate? If so, if you set your mission before June 1940, there shouldn't be any need for eqp file amendments

Quote:
Full light tower with upper structure and lantern showing on sea surface with base below sea surface level
Light flashing 9 times.

Quote:
Reflection of tower
Good. If you saw water reflections, then you have probably tested v5, but again (see my considerations above) how comes that the platform was there when you tested the lighthouse as a terrain object? Something doesn't add up; I hope it is just a misunderstanding on our respective usage of the term 'platform'

Quote:
Top mark looks black (Tried different sun angles but still black)
If you carried you tests on v4, lantern's metal frame uses the same material as the topmark; if your tests were done on v5, lantern and platform use the same material as the topmark. At this point I am pretty sure that the problem is not in the material, but in the 3D model chunk. I will try scrapping it and re-importing the topmark mesh into a fresh chunk.

Quote:
No rock

I then added the rock to the Locations Cfg again, keeping the light as a Land unit:
This is the planned configuration

Quote:
the rock is on the seabed, but the light is not sitting fully on the rock - it's slightly to one side.
Kendras had reported something similar, saying that the rock mesh coordinates weren't on axis wit the lighthouse coordinates. I might have messed up, I will check that later... anyway, have you used my worksheet for setting light and rock coordinates in game?

Quote:
The top of the rock is not visible above the sea surface.
This is as intended: the tourelle de la Plate was built on a submerged rock

Quote:
I hope these observations are helpful.
Very much Sir! Thank you again for your time, I appreciate that

Quote:
I'm having a problem taking screenshots as each time I try, SH3 freezes and I have to reboot my PC

Quote:
I will try to post some screenshots later if I can fix the problem.
Screenshots might help avoiding some misunderstandings as the one about the 'platform'. Fingers crossed

In the meanwhile I will check a few things in my files, and I hopefully I will release a new versione with some fixes and some new features
gap is offline   Reply With Quote