View Single Post
Old 04-28-18, 08:05 AM   #15
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
I'm certainly one of them. Sure they have alot of stupid left wing political nonesense on it. But you do get access to alot of good things.

I wouldn't join Prime for the Movies, not many movies they've included with Prime that I'm impressed with, new or old.

But they do offer alot of other type of entertainment. I like to watch Documentary style videos, and love traveling down Conspiracy Theory rabbit holes. There is alot of them available with Prime, from both points of view, which is always welcome.

They also give access to alot of Amazon Original content. I'm currently binging "Bosch", and am extremely impressed with it thus far. "The Grand Tour", which is the "Top Gear" crew but not having to deal with the Nanny BBC pansies, is also a blast and open for Prime members.

It's worth it to me, and far cheaper than Cable or Satellite, and I get to chose what I watch and when.

I'm not overly thrilled with Amazon's political ideals, but they seem far more middle of the road than say YouTube, or Google, and any pay service they might offer. I can give them credit for allowing a diversity of ideas, which is the only diversity that matters. So in that respect, I give them two big thumbs up.

Anyone on the fence about it, should give it a shot just to check it out. You won't be out an arm and a leg.

Nice summary, I feel the same way. One thing cannot be ignored, Bezos certainly had a vision, stuck to it, and knew where he was going with Amazon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Just that there are longterm social and economical follow-on costs. And I am not about the rainforest.

That's true. Amazon is so big and smart now, it sucks all the O2 out of the room for many other vendors. But like Warhawk said, it's pretty hard to justify spending more time and cash to fight it. I will buy from non-Amazon frequently, when it's close in price.