View Single Post
Old 09-29-15, 09:09 AM   #1
DesertGhost
Seaman

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Question concerning life after WW2

I have a question for you guys. I hope I am at the right place on the forum for this.
But does someone know if there are any sources (diaries, books, pictures, private film) of/about U-boat sailors after the Second World War?

I’m studying history and I have to write a paper about ‘daily life after the war’ (approximately between the years 1944-1948 and mainly focussed on Europe) for cultural history and this seemed an interesting topic to me. Instead of focussing on the ‘big players’ in history we now have to look at the ‘normal’ people/regular persons.
We have to look at how people picked up (daily) life after the war and how they experienced all the changes.
We can also analyse pictures, film or objects from that time and try to describe how that shows life after the war.
Problem is, I have not been able to find sources (about U-boat sialors) so far. So I thought maybe you guys know something.
(Other suggestions are also welcome of course)

I can read Dutch, Frisian, English and German. Sources in those languages would be nice.

I have searched the forum if something similar had already been asked before and I could not find anything, but it is possible I overlooked something.

Perhaps someone here can help me.
Thanks in advance.

DesertGhost
It's time for you to return

DesertGhost is offline   Reply With Quote